To the EMS Community of Vendors, Staff and Beyond:
Greetings to all and hope that each of us is making the best of what continues to be a very challenging situation for all. As some of you may know, the IRS began issuing the stimulus checks this past Thursday and they will continue to issue them each day this coming week. The order of issuance is first to folks who have filed tax returns for 2018 and/or 2019 and who have direct deposit banking information on file with the IRS. Everyone included in this first wave of folks who have filed a 2018 and/or 2019 tax return and who does have direct deposit banking information on file is on target to be paid within the next 3 weeks.
The second wave of stimulus payments will go to folks who have filed 2018 and/or 2019 tax returns but who do NOT have direct deposit banking information on file. Those manually issued checks from the IRS will begin being mailed on Monday April 20th, a week from today.
For folks who have not filed a 2018 or 2019 tax return, the IRS has now provided an online way to quickly provide sufficient information so you too can receive the stimulus payments as well. Essentially, you will have to access a website of a preferred provider of the IRS, establish an account, provide sufficient personal information to validate your eligibility for the stimulus and that’s it, you will receive a confirmation on line and you will be systemically confirmed to receive the stimulus checks right alone with the folks who have filed a 2018 and/or 2019 tax return.
To follow is the link to the website, followed by listing of what information to have on hand to provide as well as a listing of steps necessary to take once you establish your account. Keep in mind, there is no charge for this process, but it will require personal information so be sure to gather all the necessary required information before proceeding with the process.
Link to Non-Filer’s access to Economic Impact Payment: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here
- Once you access this link, you will see a box entitled: “ Non-Filers Enter Payment Info Here”
- Press this box and the registration process begins
Information You will Need to Provide
- Full name, current mailing address and an email address
- Date of birth and valid Social Security number
- Bank account number, type and routing number, if you have one
- Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) you received from the IRS earlier this year, if you have one
- Driver’s license or state-issued ID, if you have one
- For each qualifying child: name, Social Security number or Adoption Taxpayer Identification Number and their relationship to you or your spouse
What to Expect
Clicking “Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here” above will take you from the IRS site to Free File Fillable Forms, a certified IRS partner. This site is safe and secure.
Follow these steps in order to provide your information:
- Create an account by providing your email address and phone number; and establishing a user ID and password.
- You will be directed to a screen where you will input your filing status (Single or Married filing jointly) and personal information.
- Note: Make sure you have a valid Social Security number for you (and your spouse if you were married at the end of 2019) unless you are filing “Married Filing Jointly” with a 2019 member of the military. Make sure you have a valid Social Security number or Adoption Taxpayer Identification Number for each dependent you want to claim for the Economic Impact Payment.
- Check the “box” if someone can claim you as a dependent or your spouse as a dependent.
- Complete your bank information (otherwise we will send you a check). Be sure to do this to expedite your payment
- You will be directed to another screen where you will enter personal information to verify yourself. Simply follow the instructions. You will need your driver’s license (or state-issued ID) information. If you don’t have one, leave it blank.
You will receive an e-mail from Customer Service at Free File Fillable Forms that either acknowledges you have successfully submitted your information, or that tells you there is a problem and how to correct it. Free File Fillable forms will use the information to automatically complete a Form 1040 and transmit it to the IRS to compute and send you a payment.
We continue to hold out hope, as no doubt all of you do as well that the United States can get by not only this medical pandemic, but the Economic Shutdown that has resulted. As news continues to develop that has any value to any of us in our Vending community, we will do our best to share it with all of you.